The ISMAR 2019 Doctoral Consortium (DC) provides an opportunity for doctoral students to present and receive feedback about their research in an interdisciplinary workshop, under the guidance of a panel of mentors selected from experienced people in the field. We invite students who feel they would benefit from this kind of feedback on their research to use this unique opportunity to share their work with students in a similar situation as well as senior researchers in the field.
The consortium will comprise presentations by students, whose applications have been selected by the Doctoral Consortium chairs and potentially other reviewers. The strongest candidates will be those who have a clear topic and research approach, and have made some progress, but who are not so far along in their research that they can no longer make changes. The final version of accepted DC proposals will potentially be included in the conference proceedings published in the IEEE digital library.
· Submission Deadline: July 31th, 2019 (23:59 AoE)-Deadline has been extended!
· Notification: August 20th, 2019
· Camera-ready version: August 27th, 2019
· Consortium meeting: October 18th, 2019
The objectives of the Doctoral Consortium are to:
· Serve as a supportive setting to provide/receive feedback on students’ current doctoral and master’s research as well as guidance on future research directions.
· Offer each student comments and fresh perspectives on their work from researchers and students outside of their own institution.
· Promote the development of a supportive community of scholars with affinity to IEEE ISMAR, and a spirit of collaborative research.
· Contribute to the conference goals through interaction with other researchers and conference events.
Submissions should be 4 pages in length, including references. The content should include an overview of your planned thesis work. You may additionally also focus on a more specific area of the research if desired. Ideal candidates will be in the early or mid-stages of their PhD, and should have a solid idea of their direction and topic, but should also have room for improvement.
Submissions will have the option of being archived in the IEEE Xplore digital library (either in the main or adjunct conference proceedings). The selection is based both on the review of the submission and the feedback on the presentation.
DC submissions must follow the “Conference Proceedings” format for which templates (LaTeX, Word) are available from the submission guidelines,or directly from IEEE VGTC:
All materials must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each selected student will have a travel grant of 400 USD.(still need to register for the conference)
Doctoral Consortium Chairs
National University of Defense Technology, China.
Feng Xu ,
Tsinghua University, China
University of Bath,UK
We thank our sponsors for supporting the ISMAR 2019 conference.
Beijing Institute of Technology
China Virtual Reality and Visualization Technology Innovation & Strategic Alliance
Beijing Association for Science and Technology